Friday, January 14, 2011

Leanne over at Cottagetails has sent me a lovely award, what an unexpected and pleasant surprise. I certainly walked around today with a big smile on my face.

So a few things need to be done in order to accept this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
 
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award, I have done this, Thanks again Leanne

2. Share 7 things about yourself  To be honest with you I always find talking about myself really difficult.  I can always find a million things to say about the people around me and what they do and like, however singing my own praises is often harder for me.  I guess you could say I'm just a modest person and I do find it hard sharing things about myself., so here we go....

Seven things...
 
 
1. I love Autumn.  It's my most favourite time of the year, the leaves change colour, the weather begins to get cooler, there is a freshness in the air, it's the end of daylight saving time and easter time. 
 
2. I love all things savoury.  If you invite me to you house please serve me....bacon. 
However, the bacon is closely followed by.......
Licorice Allsorts

3. When I was 18, I left school and applied to Teacher's College to teach Kindergarten.  However, I chickened out at the last minute (something called lack of self confidence I think) and started work as an office junior. Spent my working life in offices for a wool broker, a dairy company and City Council. I am now kicking myself for that decision, but it's all water under the bridge now.  No point dwelling on the past. This is probably why I like homeschooling sooooo much, I get to teach after all. I have been a mother longer now than when I actually worked. It's coming up 15 years since I had Alex and I worked for 11 years. Homeschool for one year.
 
4. I am letting my hair go grey.  There, it's official, I've said it in public. My hair has been growing out since April last year when I last had it coloured.  Firstly, I have saved so much on hairdressing appointments and secondly I have become much more comfortable with myself in my 40's (I'm 43) and my self image in the last year, so this is something I try at work on each day.  It's what I call "my work in progress".
 
5. I became a christian 2 years ago.
 
6. My most favourite shops are stationary shops and book shops, even better are online book shops.  You would be amazed at how many books I have on my wishlist at Fishpond!
 
 
  7.  I like changing the furniture around all the time! - drives my husband to dispair.
 
 
There, got to 7, I will undertake numbers 3 and 4 in the morning....  
 

2 comments:

  1. ahhh I didn't realise another in the going grey - good on you!
    Do you find yourself looking at ladies hair more now?

    It was fun getting to know you more.

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny because I look at other women how are grey, and I think to myself "I'm not the only one bucking the trend".

    It has been a HUGE step for me to do this....letting something go.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...